KG Hypnobirthing is a complete and in-depth 10-12 hour antenatal training programme designed to release fear and build confidence during birth. It makes a positive difference to the way in which you approach and experience birth. The positive difference is not just experienced by the Mother, it is felt by her birthing partner and of course her baby.
And KGH is SO good the extensive teacher training is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives!
Antenatal & Post natal
“HypnoBirthing is the only thing I know that actually makes a difference to your experience of giving birth. It cannot promise the perfect birth. Nothing can, and to do so would be ridiculous and not true. However my experience is that KG Hypnobirthing always makes a difference, and a very big difference too. It is a privilege to be a hypnobirthing teacher and to be invited into your life at such a special time in order to make it even better.”
This is the Katharine Graves method of Hypnobirthing. KGH is the nations original & leading Hypnobirthing method. Accredited by the Royal College of Midwives, the teacher training is a favourite amongst midwives. Katharine regularly teaches to birth centres around the country, most famously having trained up the Midwives in the Lindo Wing just before the birth of The Duchess of Cambridge’s third child!
KG Hypnobirthing is much more than self-hypnosis for childbirth. In fact, it is more far reaching than many antenatal courses. KG Hypnobirthing is famous because it’ a full and far reaching package that provides you with the very best knowledge, information, research & skills. It empowers mothers & birth partners to get the very best from their individual circumstances – enabling you to understand the choices you may be asked to make and the implications of those choices.
KG Hypnobirthing teaches birthing couples to release fear and tension. It teaches trust in the birthing process through knowledge and understanding. This is possible because you are given practical, useful and accurate birth world information with a raft of Hypnobirthing skills.
Keep an eye on this website and my Facebook or Instagram page to discover the latest events, offers and discounts.
What’s included in your course?
- 10 hours of Hypnobirthing classes
- The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves
- Folder of KG Hypnobirthing class notes & posters
- KG Hypnobirthing MP3 Colour & Calmness
- Hypnobirthing Anchor Stone
- Daily positive birth affirmations to your inbox
- Printable positive birth affirmations
- Support throughout your pregnancy
- See Full KGH Course Content & Structure
- Visit my KGH Global page
Your course is spread across 4 classes. Group classes are run over 4 evenings or 2 days (see individual pages for Oxford, Thame & Witney dates & locations). Private classes can be delivered in your own home and booked in to suit your diary / gestation.
1st Class – KGH & the Logic of Hypnobirthing
- What You Want to Achieve in Birth (or avoid?)
- Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing – Why it is regarded as The Best
- Words – Their power for good
- The Power of the Mind: Unbendable Arm Exercise
- How the Mind Works – Conscious & Subconscious mind, stress & fear of birth
- Lemon Tree Script – Hypnosis Practice & The mind/Body connection
- Negative thinking – Its impact on your birth perspective & experience
- How other mammals get birth so right!
- Muscles of the Uterus – What your birthing body is really doing & your the ability to create a calm birth
- Fear, Observation, Tension, Pain
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems – Fight/Fight & Pain
- Calm Trust Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
- Oxytocin & Endorphins
- Homework – relax, relax, relax
2nd Class – Advanced Hypnobirthing techniques
- Power of the Mind: Up stage of Labour; Up Breathing & Visualisations
- Head & Face Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice
- Soften Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
- Calming Touch – Hypnosis Practice
- Statements for a Gentle Birth – Positive Affirmations
- Colour & Calmness – Hypnosis Practice
- Short Relaxations & Anchors for a quick or deeper trance state
- Babies most usual position for birth
- Back to Back babies
- Breech Babies -options, turning, & turning with hypnosis
- Caesarean section – Gentle C-Section & Hypnobirthing for C Sections
- Pelvic floor exercises – The logic for both of you!
- Perineal massage – Logic & why they’ve got to be worth a shot?
- Tearing in Birth – How to help prevent it (& how hypnobirthing helps)
- Positions for birth – Increase your pelvis by 30% and what the NICE recommendations say
3rd Class – Advanced Hypnobirthing techniques
- Due Dates – The stress, the myths, the nosey neighbours, the WHO, the continental drift and the difference of the first baby
- Stretch & Sweep – The facts, your options & your rights
- Natural Induction & Augmentation – The myths busted
- Role of the birth partner – Questions to ask
- Midwives & Obstetricians
- Hospital protocols
- Midwives Dilema
- Defensive medicine
- Responsibility for Birth
- Induction – processes
- Hypnobirthing for induction & augmentation
- Onset of Labour – Show, Release of membranes, Surges
- Confidence & Power – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
4th Class – Your very own Hypnobirth
- Where to birth
- Homebirth – common fears, the pros & cons(?)
- Transfer to Hospital
- Birth Place – interventions
- Partners role in Birth – how to shine
- Birth Partners – Pregnancy, Birth & After Birth
- Early labour the hypnobirthing way
- Up stage of Labour
- What to take to hospital
- Getting to Hospital
- Note to your Midwife
- Vaginal Examinations – options & choice
- Established Labour
- Back Stroking
- Birth Pools
- How to encourage labour naturally
- Power of the Mind: Down stage of labour; Down Breathing & Visualisation
- Developing Life – Hypnosis Practice
- Golden Hour
- Birth Proposal
- Revision – What You Want to Achieve in Birth (or avoid?)
- Diana’s Story
And perhaps a bit more?
We all do it – us Hypnobirthing Teachers. We add a piece of ourselves to the course. When time allows or your questions raise the point may can also cover:
- Hypnobirthing Stories – Myself and the all the Oxford Hypnobirthing mamas that rocked their births
- Why hypnobabies are magnificently different
- The birthing mindset, the creation of Stress, Tigers, Fear of birth, the Brain-Body connection, REM, Stress Bucket, The secret to a positive & stress free life & the secret of a good nights sleep
- Neuro Linguistic Programming, birth and how to loose the fear of any future event
- What happens when the subconscious mind can’t think backwards & how to use this to your birthing benefit
- The crucial role of the anterior cingulate in the success of your birth & life ever after
- Mindful birth & Hypnobirthing – the parallels
- The simple hack to fool your mind & body into being calm & relaxed
- Why morphine has nothing on you!
- Glove anaesthesia – How to make your body numb at will
- The positive way to talk to your child
- A must have tip to raise a calm, confident child!
Facts about Hypnobirthing
Hypnobabies score higher!
A full antenatal course
Pain free birth
Getting Started Is Easy
Want to love your baby’s birth?
Let’s Work Together!
Useful to know
A phone call is often the quickest way to ask questions & secure your perfect booking…before someone else does!