KG Hypnobirthing is a complete and in-depth 10-12 hour antenatal birth preparation course designed to release fear and build confidence during birth. KGH creates calm & confidence in pregnancy and during your positive birth. The positive difference is not just experienced by the Mother, it is felt by her birthing partner and of course her baby.
And KGH is SO good the extensive teacher training is accredited by The Royal College of Midwives!
Antenatal & Post natal
“HypnoBirthing is the only thing I know that actually makes a difference to your experience of giving birth. It cannot promise the perfect birth. Nothing can, and to do so would be ridiculous and not true. However my experience is that KG Hypnobirthing always makes a difference, and a very big difference too.”
This is Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing. KGH is the nations original & leading Hypnobirthing method. Accredited by the Royal College of Midwives, the teacher training is a favourite amongst midwives. As a result Katharine regularly teaches Midwives in birth centres & hospitals around the UK;
In fact, Katharine famously trained the Midwives at London’s Lindo Wing before the The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to Prince Louis!
KG Hypnobirthing is much more than self-hypnosis for childbirth. And it is more far than other antenatal courses. KG Hypnobirthing is world famous because you learn everything you need for a confident, an empowered & calm birth.
You will learn how your body really births, how to create a calm mind and a relaxed body for a comfortable birth. It empowers you & your partner to get the very best from your own circumstances – so you can understand the choices you may be asked to make and the implications of those choices.
KG Hypnobirthing teaches birthing couples to release fear and tension. It teaches trust in the birthing process through knowledge and understanding. This is because you are given practical, useful and accurate birth world information with a raft of Hypnobirthing skills. All this makes it possible for you to feel calm & confident. Because a calm mind create the right hormones needed for a relaxed pregnancy and a comfortable – better birth. In fact, The Royal College of Midwives Better Birth Campaign says “Relaxation is a key factor in promoting normal physiological labour and the wellbeing of mother and child”
Your course is spread across 4 classes. Group classes are run over 4 evenings or 2 days (see individual pages for Oxford, Thame & Witney dates & locations). Private classes can be delivered in your own home and booked in to suit your diary / gestation.
1st Class – KGH & the Logic of Hypnobirthing
- What You Want to Achieve in Birth (or avoid?)
- Katharine Graves Hypnobirthing – Why it is regarded as The Best
- Words – Their power for good
- The Power of the Mind: Unbendable Arm Exercise
- How the Mind & Body Work in childbirth
- Lemon Tree Script – Hypnosis Practice & The mind/Body connection
- Negative thinking – Its impact on your birth perspective & experience
- Mammals & birth instinct!
- Muscles of the Uterus – What your birthing body is really doing & how to support it
- Fear, Observation, Tension, Pain
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous Systems – Fight/Flight & Pain
- Calm Trust Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
- Oxytocin & Endorphins
- Homework – relax, relax, relax
2nd Class – Advanced Hypnobirthing techniques
- Power of the Mind: Up stage of Labour; Up Breathing & Visualisations
- Head & Face Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice
- Soften Relaxation – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
- Calming Touch – Hypnosis Practic
- Short Relaxations & Triggers for a quick or deeper hypnotic state
- Babies most usual position for birth
- Back to Back babies
- Breech Babies -options, turning, & turning with hypnosis
- Caesarean section – Gentle C-Section & Hypnobirthing for C Sections
- Pelvic floor exercises – The logic for both of you!
- Perineal massage – Logic & why they’ve got to be worth a shot?
- Tearing in Birth – How to stop tearing
- Positions for birth – How to increase your pelvic capacity
3rd Class – Advanced Hypnobirthing techniques
- Due Dates – The stress, the myths, the nosey neighbours, the WHO, the continental drift and the difference of the first baby
- Stretch & Sweep – The facts, your options & your rights
- Natural Induction & Augmentation – The myths busted
- Role of the birth partner – Questions to ask
- Midwives & Obstetricians
- Hospital protocols
- Midwives Dilema
- Defensive medicine
- Responsibility for Birth
- Induction – processes
- Hypnobirthing for induction & augmentation
- Onset of Labour – Show, Release of membranes, Surges
- Confidence & Power – Hypnosis Practice – A Fear Release
4th Class – Your very own Hypnobirth
- Where to birth
- Homebirth – common fears, the pros & cons(?)
- Transfer to Hospital
- Birth Place – interventions
- Partners role in Birth – how to shine
- Birth Partners – Pregnancy, Birth & After Birth
- How to hypnobirth in early labour
- Up stage of Labour
- What to take to hospital
- Getting to Hospital
- Note to your Midwife
- Vaginal Examinations – options & choice
- How to Hypnobirthing in established labour
- Back Stroking
- Birth Pools
- How to encourage labour naturally
- Power of the Mind: Down stage of labour; Down Breathing & Visualisation
- Developing Life – Hypnosis Practice
- Golden Hour
- Birth Proposal
- Revision – What You Want to Achieve in Birth (or avoid?)
- Diana’s Story
And perhaps a bit more?
We all do it – us Hypnobirthing Teachers. We add a piece of ourselves to the course. When time allows or your questions raise the point may can also cover:
- Hypnobirthing Stories – My mamas Posivtive Births
- Why hypnobabies are so wonderful
- The birthing mindset, the creation of Stress, Tigers, Fear of birth, the Brain-Body connection, REM, Stress Bucket, The secret to a positive & stress free life & the secret of a good nights sleep
- Neuro Linguistic Programming, birth and how to loose the fear of any future event
- What happens when the subconscious mind can’t think backwards & how to use this to your birthing benefit
- The crucial role of the anterior cingulate in the success of your birth & life ever after
- Mindful birth & Hypnobirthing – the parallels
- The simple hack to fool your mind & body into being calm & relaxed
- Why morphine has nothing on you!
- Glove anaesthesia – How to make your body numb at will
- The positive way to talk to your child
- A must have tip to raise a calm, confident child!
Facts about Hypnobirthing
Hypnobabies score higher!
A full antenatal course
Pain free birth
Show me all Group Courses!
At just £239 for 10hrs of Hypnobirthing classes, endless support, resources & Mama Meet Ups, these book up quickly!
Homebirth is not at the top of every pregnant woman's birth plan. But I see it all the time. Mamas start my Thame hypnobirthing classes with firm ideas about where they want to give birth. But this is KG Hypnobirthing so they start to discover all their Birth Choices....
Want to love your baby’s birth?
Let’s Work Together!
Useful to know
Please check your Junk – I reply to email enquiries within 12-24 hours, so if you don’t see it – its in your junk!
A phone call is the quickest way to ask questions & secure your perfect booking…before someone else does!